Friday 6 November 2009

The English Expereince

I walk to work just about every day. I often end up walking amongst the same people and see the same cars drive past - it's a nice routine. Believe it or not, it rains a lot here, so Erin drives me into work and strangely enough, the same people and the same cars keep up their routine while I seem to be the lone black sheep, scared of a little rain. As we drive by, we wonder if those rain walkers don't have cars or spouses that love them or if they just plain don't notice it's raining. Towards the end of my work day Erin will send me an email with a weather update and lets me know if she should pick me up or if I'm okay to walk home. The best days are those that she meets me and makes the walk home with me : ) Today I got an email saying she would do just that. A few sprinkles had turned into a steady rain by the time we got within a mile of the house. As we walked, drenched from head to toe, we found ourselves amongst the rain walkers and the people driving wondering if we didn't have a car or didn't realize it was raining.


3 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good walk in the rain! Especially with a friend and mother nature.
    Enjoy
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. waoo well written post about The English Expereince.

    Thanks,

    Silver Trading Tips | Intraday Tips Free Trial

    ReplyDelete